100% organic and sustainable, each coconut bowl is handcrafted by skilled artisans.
We have two bowls available:
- Original Coconut Bowl - 100% Natural Coconut bowl, unique in size, colour and texture. Average size - 580-600ml, 13cmx13cmx6cm
- Saldo Bowl - 'Saldo' means balance. 100% Natural Coconut bowl, unique in size, colour and texture. Slightly larger than the original bowl, each Saldo bowl is approximately 700-800ml, 13cmx13cmx8cm.
While its founder is originally from Newport, Cocabana is a London based company that promotes healthy lifestyles and encourage environmental awareness by creating beautiful products from discarded coconut shells that are 100% organic and natural.
Ideal for smoothie bowls, breakfast bowls, buddha bowls and porridge bowls.
Not only are coconut bowls eco-friendly and durable, but each one is sourced ethically at a fair price - saving millions of coconut shells heading to landfill every year. They are 100% natural, free of BPA, toxins, synthetics, and plastics!
The coconut bowls are quite durable, but for best results and long lasting lives here are the most important things to note:
- Upon receiving the coconut bowls for the first time, polish with coconut oil and leave them to soak in the oil for around 2 hours. You can then wipe the oil off after allowing the coconut oil to rehydrate the coconut bowls and off you go!
- Wash straight away after eating, if possible, with warm soapy water and avoid soaking for extended periods of time.
- Try not to let the coconut bowls air dry, dry them immediately after washing.
- Avoid the fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher and any other extreme temperature environment. For example, if you're serving hot porridge or hot soup or even a hot curry, please allow it to cool to not so intense a temperature. These are natural products at the end of the day so it's important to treat them with care!
- Polish you coconut bowls with coconut oil roughly every 5 uses to restore and give the bowl its shine back. This will also rehydrate the coconut bowls and also restore their strength! The more you do this, the longer they will last and the stronger they become!