Easy Pumpkin Seed Recipe to help you have a green Halloween
More than ½ of the 24 million pumpkins carved for Halloween this year in Britain will not be eaten and what’s more only 42% of people realise the fleshy innards of a pumpkin are actually edible! 😭
Let’s change those stats with our easy little recipe for using those delicious pumpkin seeds post carving 🎃
EASY ROASTED PUMPKIN SEED RECIPE:
- 1 ½ cups of pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt (plus more for serving)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil/coconut oil/nut oil
- 2 teaspoons of your favourite blend of spices e.g. curry powder, harissa, chilli.
1) Heat oven to 170 degrees & prep baking sheet with foil
2) Boil a pot of salted water on the hob on high heat.
3) Remove the seeds from the pumpkin & wash them in cold water to remove any excess pumpkin.
4) Add cleaned seeds to the boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Then drain and dry with a clean tea towel.
5) Put seeds onto foil & season with oil of your choice & spices
6) Spread the seeds out so they’re in one layer.
7) Bake the seeds in oven for 10-20 mins and stir halfway through. Smaller seeds cooks quicker so keep an eye on them!
Happy carving & happy snacking. Here’s to not wasting a single seed this Halloween! 🎃 👻