How to Make Your Own Wax Food Wraps
N.B. Although we are using the pre-made kit the steps are exactly the same if you were to make your own from scratch!
Before you start!
Make sure you have everything you need at the ready.
Included in your kit is:
- 3x 100% cotton wraps
- 1x block of wax (pine resin & jojoba oil wax blend)
- 1x wooden spatula for spreading
What else you'll need:
- a baking tray
- baking paper
- a grater
Step by Step Instructions:
- Pre-heat the oven to the lowest setting (for us this was 75 degrees C)
- Fully line your baking tray with the paper to prevent the wax coming into contact with your baking sheet.
- Lay your pre-cut cottons onto the sheet (you may like to do one at a time or all 3 if they will fit!)
- Grate your wax blend block.
- Sprinkle a fine layer over each cotton sheet.
- Place in the oven for 6 minutes or until the wax is melted into the sheets. Use your spreader to push the mixture to the areas which are still dry.
- Carefully remove the wrap from the baking tray and hang to dry. They will be sticky until dry.
- Your wraps are now ready to use!
Watch our video here!